top of page


Business and Employment Based Visas

There are many types of work visas, each with requirements specific to the position, the sort of business the employer is in, the duration of employment, and more. Our office can provide expert guidance with your business and employment based visa needs. Because we understand that the process to obtain these visas can become tedious, our law firm has the necessary experience to help you reach your results smoothly and efficiently. The most common visas in this area include:


H-1B Specialty Workers Visa


The H-1B visa allows businesses to sponsor skilled foreign nationals to work in the United States on a temporary basis. In general, this visa category applies to foreign nationals who:

  • Have a bachelor’s degree or substantial on-the-job experience.

  • Must be coming to the United States to perform a so-called specialty occupation.

  • Must have the correct background to qualify for the job you have been offered.


Each, a limited number of visas are made available to workers under this category. Because more people are trying to get H-1B visas every year than there are visas available, it is crucial that the paperwork is properly filed the first time before the visas run out. Our law office has vast experience in the matter and can effectively guide you through this process.


L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa


The L-1 visa allows a U.S. company to temporarily transfer certain employees from a properly affiliated foreign company.


Generally speaking, to be eligible to a file a L-1 petitions, a relationship must exist between the U.S. company and the foreign company. In addition, the transferred employee must have been employed by the foreign affiliate for at least one continuous year within the three years prior to coming to the United States. The employee must be offered employments as a manager, executive, or especially knowledgeable position.


At RQR Immigration Law, P.A., we can guide companies considering or initiating the establishment of new offices in the United States and represent employers in the preparation of their petitions. We also provide the necessary assistance in connection with L-1 visa applications at U.S. consulates.


Call us today to consult about your options and responsibilities within the L-1 category.


O-1 Extraordinary Ability Work Visa


The O-1 Extraordinary Ability Work Visa is intended for foreign employees with “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics” to come work temporarily in the United States. In general, to be considered a person of extraordinary ability, you must have obtained national or international recognition in your filed.


We can assist you in obtaining an advisory opinion to prove eligibility and in the preparation of the O-1 petition and supporting documentation.

bottom of page