top of page


One of the most common ways of obtaining a Green Card in the United States is through a family petition. We understand that these procedure can be long and complex and we are ready to assist you step-by-step through the process prevent any mistakes that may cause unnecessary delays.

Under U.S. immigration law, all U.S. citizens (including those naturalized) may sponsor relatives to come live and work in the United States as permanent residents.

Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas (Unlimited)

These are based on a close family relationship with a United States (U.S.) citizen. There is no limit in the number of Green Cards that can be given under these categories. The following relationships are eligible:

  • Spouse of a U.S. Citizen.

  • Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a U.S. Citizen.

  • Orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. Citizen.

  • Orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen.

  • Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old.


Family Preference Immigrant Visas (Limited)

These visa types are for specific, more distant, family relationships with a U.S. citizen and some specified relationships with a Lawful Permanent Resident. The family preference categories are:

  • F1: Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their minor children, if any.

  • F2A: Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (under 21) of LPRs.

  • F2B: Unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 and over) of LPRs.

  • F3: Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children.

  • F4: Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and children.


Note: Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws, and cousins cannot sponsor a relative for immigration.

bottom of page